Happy New Year Everyone!
I am excited to journey through 2014 in the blogging world. Check out what this blog is all about here.
As I started to look forward to the year 2014, I began to be excited about a fresh start. But, isn’t everyone? Every year, I internally make lists for what I am going to change about myself and habits in my life, but by the time March rolls around, I have no recollection of any of the bullet points on that list. This year, I am hoping to change that!
My word for 2014 is diligence. I feel the need to grow in being diligent this year. Recently, I have been noticing some tendencies in myself that tends to shy away from responsibility. This has always been a weakness of mine. When things get tough, I pull back instead of pushing forward. This year, I pray the Lord changes that part of me.
For the sake of accountability and encouragement, I created some goals for the year. My hope is to accomplish one from each category each month.
1. Ferment more foods- kombucha, water kefir, salsa, and pickles to name a few!
2. Find local sources to buy our food from.
3. Pick a workout plan that works for this season of life.
4. Take vitamins/herbs consistently (this goes for all members of the family).
5. Create seasonal meal plans to enable eating out less.
1. Replace plastic with glass.
2. Build up essential oil inventory.
3. Limit phone use to when kids are sleeping (Reading blogs, Facebook, etc.).
4. Make laundry detergent.
1. One night of intentional hospitality per week.
2. Start family devotions.
3. Have consistent date nights at least 2x a month.
4. Potty train Madison.
5. Pray daily and specifically for my husband and children.
6. Pray about a ministry for our family to serve in once a month.
7. Continue to make our home a place of rest. Fight the tendency to always be on the go.
1. Read through the Bible
2. Memorize a book of the Bible
3. Read 12 books all the way through. One at a time.
4. Make sure my phone is charged daily (my husband is so hoping for diligence in this area!)
5. Begin doula certification
6. Listen to three podcasts a week.
Today, I am choosing to find joy in fresh starts!
If you are interested in creating your own goals for this year, here are two great resources: