I cannot believe it is 2015 already! It seems like it was not too long ago that I was dreaming up the idea for this blog. 2014 was quite a year. As I look back over my goals for 2014, I can easily become discouraged because I “failed” in a lot of ways. I am positive I grew in diligence but I did not accomplish some of the bigger tasks that I wanted to. I also did not keep up with this blog. There are a myriad of reasons for this, but I have had to be willing to let that go and recognize that in all reality, it’s just a blog. Even though I do not anticipate posting about things I find joy in every day, I know that I want to continue choosing joy as my attitude, and for that reason I will keep updating as I learn and grow and have life to share!
While I do have to shed my perfectionistic tendencies when looking at goals that were not met, I also want to look ahead and analyze where I want to grow in the year 2015.
As I prayed for a word to define this year, intentionality kept being laid on my heart. The reason for this, I believe, is because truthfully the end of 2014 swallowed me. It was a very challenging year for our family. The trials seemed to keep on coming and in a lot of ways I began to have an apathetic attitude- towards relationships, towards growth, towards goals. I wish I could say as I look back on the year, I see how much I grew in perseverance and steadfastness, but I am not sure that is the case. I very much went into self protective mode and for that reason, I desire for 2015 to be a year where I look outwards. Where I focus on being intentional in every aspect of my life.
So, here is where I landed with my goals for the year. I hope in some way that they encourage you, too! To live intentionally and to choose joy in new ways.
1. Living Intentionally Personally- I want to grow this year and be refined in every way.
- Read through the Bible in 100 days. I’m taking the challenge from http://www.mercyisnew.com/2014/12/26/pray-read-bible-100-days/. Does anyone want to join me? I would love the accountability!
- Read in general! I love, love, love to read. But for some reason have chosen not to this past year. So, in order to grow my brain I have made a list of books I want to read that go along with being intentional (and some fiction, too!)
Sacred Marriage The Power of A Praying Wife The Mission of Motherhood Grace Based Parenting
- No Drama Discipline
- Jesus, the Gentle Parent
- Beyond Boundaries: Learning to Trust Again
- The Night Circus
- The Giver
- Sabbath as Resistance
- Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are
Found in Him
- Better Than Before
- Continue choosing joy!
2. Living Intentionally Physically- We have a baby on the way in case you did not know! I need to steward this life well and get back to nourishing my body (and my families!) with the right foods.
- Eat Better! Cut out flours and sugars as much as possible. Ferment foods. Learn to make kombucha.
- Exercise. It is always a challenge to figure out how this looks with two littles, but I would love to take a prenatal yoga class, and I look forward to running again after baby #3 comes.
3. Living Intentionally as a Family- I am beyond thankful for my husband. Seriously, through the chaos of this year, I have grown to love him more, and I want to continue to be intentional with that love. I also think my girls are pretty awesome. M turned 3 this year (what!) and I am recognizing my need to be even more intentional with her as she has entered a new seasons of emotions and learning. I want to be a great mom to these precious souls and I know that does not just happen on it’s own.
- Pray and Read Together as husband and wife. Continue date nights 🙂
- Start regular date nights with the girls 1x/month.
- Be more consistent as a family with devotions.
- Do the virtue training Bible with M.
4. Living Intentionally with Money- There is always growth to happen here!
5. Living Intentionally by practicing Servanthood- I learned once that one of the biggest ways to grow in your faith is to “give it away.” I want to pour myself out to others and be intentional in how I serve and love those around me.
- Serve the Body- Start a Bible study at my house. Grow with other women as we dig into the Word.
- Simply be intentional in friendship- Pray. Encourage. Call. Text. Email. Whatever it looks like! Just be intentional.
- Be intentional with our neighbors as the Lord leads.
6. Living Intentionally in our Home- I want to continue to purge and make our home beautiful for others to feel loved and for my family to be at rest.
I tried to make these goals broad and I do not want to strive towards anything He does not want. But, I am praying for the Lord to teach and grow me through living intentionally this year.
There is joy in the Lord, always. “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I will say it, Rejoice!” Phil 4:4